This Blog is to document my experiences as an Art of Living teacher. To let anyone who is interested know about the rich experiences that people have through the various courses and seminars that we offer. I hope you are inspired to make a difference for our planet and our fellow earth beings, no matter how big or small...this world needs us to act NOW.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Satsang....



So, we had a beautiful satsang today. For those of you who dont know, satsang means 'company of truth' sitting and singing, laughing, dancing with people who love doing the same. Sharing knowledge and sharing love.....

I remember satsang used to mean something different to me. It was 4 men sitting at the front screeching into mikes, and everyone sitting behind them busy trying to shout over the screeching, talking to their neighbour about the latest fashion, or break up in the family. It was not pleasant for me.....

This satsang is different, someone leads beautiful bhajans, kirtans, hymns, love songs, anything....sometimes even just an instrument is played. I sit there, and sing along for a while, and observe as my mind goes blank. I am totally in the present moment and eventually ever cell of my body is only listening and absorbing, the energy. The energy gets higher, and my eyes feel heavy and close themselves. I dont feel like singing anymore. So i sit still, and let the beautiful music wash over me, it feels exhilerating, so so so blissful....the tempo picks up the beat and i feel a surge in energy shooting up my spine....

In this moment i am not interested in seeing anything, talking to anyone, not interested in anything at all. Just being in this state where my mind is blank and i am a nobody, i am nowhere, and eventually i am nothing.....deep deep rest happens in this state. It is a state of meditation. So blissful......pure joy, happiness, contentment in this moment. The most common sentence i hear when i talk about meditation is - "I just cant concentrate!, its impossible for me!" - Meditation is the simple art of doing absolutely nothing, not even thinking, so you need to de-concentrate....effortlessness is the key. Using the breath as a tool, bringing the mind to a stand still state is possible.

For all those meditating regularly, well done, give yourself a pat on the back! You have found the treasure we have been sitting on and looking for for lifetimes....for those yet to start, dont waste a moment. Start meditating and discover the true wealth within you that does not leave you, even as you eventually leave this body.....JGD.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Sweetheart. Loved reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you have found such a peaceful activity. I'll always remember satsangs with you. <3

    ReplyDelete